Home / Medical Services / Clinical Trials
The Placental Histotherapy Center provides medical services to national patients included in studies with the application of products developed by the Center.
“Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of Melagenina Plus® in the treatment of patients with vitiligo”. Phase IV
1. Patients with a clinical and histological diagnosis compatible with vitiligo.
2. Patients of any sex and age between 2 and 70 years, both inclusive.
3. Patients with depigmented areas between 1 and 40%.
4. Adult patient, mother, father or legal guardian who gives consent to participate in the study in writing. Patients between 2 and 11 years old (including both ages) who give their consent. Patients between 12 and 18 years old (both ages included) who grant their IC together with the responsible adult.
1. Pregnant or lactating patients.
2. Patients with associated infectious skin disease at the time of inclusion.
3. Patients with severe chronic disease requiring steroid treatment.
4. Patients with psychiatric illnesses that could limit adherence to the requirements of the trial.
5. Patients with a known history of immunosuppression.
6. Patients who in the 45 days prior to their assessment for inclusion in the study have received any treatment for vitiligo: immunosuppressants, Melagenina Plus, (topical or systemic corticosteroids, cyclosporine, phototherapy with UVA, photochemotherapy (psoralens and UVA), cytostatics .
7. Patients with oral or systemic contraceptive treatment.
8. Patients with chronic depigmentary dermatitis or endocrine diseases that cause pigmentation disorders (mainly Addison’s disease, thyroid and hypopituitarism diseases).
“Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of the Hair Biostrengthener in the treatment of alopecia areata”
To carry out the study, 61 patients with a diagnosis of alopecia areata are needed, who will use the Hair Biostrengthening lotion.
1. Patients of any sex and age between 18 and 70 years.
2.Patients with a clinical diagnosis of alopecia areata and with signed informed consent.
1. Patients who in the 45 days prior to their assessment for inclusion in the study have received some treatment for alopecia areata.
2. Patients under treatment with corticosteroids and/or immunomodulators.
3. Patients with diseases that could clinically interfere with AA (androgenic alopecia, trichotillomania, tinea capitis superficialis, telogen effluvium, chemo or radiotherapy treatment)
4. Pregnant and lactating women.
5. Patients with psychiatric illnesses that could limit adherence to the requirements of the trial.
6. Patients with a known history of immunosuppression.
Suggestion: For more information contact by phone 7215-2198 and email firstname.lastname@example.org
1414, 43 th st, Miramar. Playa. Havana. Cuba.
Phone: (537) 72152198
If you want to know our latest scientific-technical results and other news corresponding to 2022, we suggest you download Bulletin Number 1 of 2023 “We continue to grow”.
Placental Histotherapy Center “Dr. Carlos Manuel Miyares Cao”.
All rights reserved. 2022